A strong social media strategy is an important tool for every business, but proper utilization is essential for success. There is much more to social media than setting up a profile, publishing some posts, and collecting followers. Here are some tips to get you off to a strong start in today’s world of social media
- Decide what goals you wish to accomplish with social media. What kind of an audience are you hoping to attract and what are you going to do to attract them? Once you have reached your audience, what do you want them to do, and is it worth investing the time and money into reaching them? Don’t make the mistake of throwing everything at the social media wall and hope it sticks - social media doesn’t really work that way.
- Social media can be overwhelming. Facebook alone reaches nearly a third of the people on the entire planet and there are dozens of other platforms out there that may help extend your company brand and marketing efforts.. If you’re starting out on your own, start small and be selective, there is always room to grow.
- If you already have a presence on multiple platforms, it’s smart to utilize a social media management platform such as Sprout, Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to coordinate all your accounts in one place.
- Be careful who you trust with your social media accounts. Everyone has a mobile device, but that doesn’t mean just anyone can handle social media for your business. If you don’t do it yourself, make sure you find someone who is not only savvy with the mediums, but also someone who is energetic, friendly and knows your business. They also need to be cool under pressure since they will be the voice of your business.
- Be sure to carefully monitor your social media results. This will help you experiment with different social platforms and allow you to adjust your marketing approach. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for every business, but the stats will let you know what works and what doesn’t.
Time is money when it comes to social media and it’s easy to waste a lot of both if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you’re new to social media marketing, or if you’ve already invested a sizable amount of time without seeing returns, you may need to hire an expert. Bloomerang Solutions has the experience and knowledge you need to supercharge your social media marketing. Give us a call at 941-806-1911 or send us an email and we’ll help you formulate a custom plan for your business.