Recipients are encouraged to keep one bouquet for themselves and “Petal it Forward” by giving the other bouquet to someone in their life (or even a complete stranger) who could use a smile.
The campaign aims to generate social media coverage highlighting the benefits of flowers — the positive impact flowers have in our work productivity and emotional well-being — and positioning your website and social media channels as viable resources for consumers.
Here are some last-minute tips to make this year’s Petal it Forward event a success in your community:
- Make sure your Petal it Forward delivery team is wearing branded gear with your shop name or logo.
- Encourage Petal it Forward flower recipients to take selfies and share on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media channels using the hashtag #PetalItForward, and tagging your shop.
- Remind Petal it Forward recipients that they can continue to spread happiness throughout the year by visiting their local florist.
- Alert local media that you will be participating in Petal it Forward and let them know where you’ll be delivering the flowers.
- Promote your campaign on social media prior to the event. We can help with this, just let us know when and where you’re going to be.